Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
I have no clue who Zelda is, but she makes a mean fettucine with a incredible sauce that tastes like boursin cheese. To make it a bit healthier, you can use low fat sour cream. If you make it, you will love it. Sauce can also be used over steamed broccoli or cauliflower.
- 2 cups sour cream
- 3⁄4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup dry vermouth, can be (optional)
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano, crumbled
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil, crumbled
- 1⁄2 teaspoon marjoram, crumbled
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup butter, do not substitute margarine
- 3⁄4 lb fettuccine pasta, freshly cooked and drained
- In a medium bowl combine, sour cream, parmesan cheese, dry vermouth(if using), flour, lemon juice, garlic, oregano, basil, marjoram, salt and pepper.
- Blend thoroughly.
- Melt butter in medium saucepan over low heat.
- Stir in sour cream mixture.
- Simmer for 20 minutes.
- In large bowl combine fettucine and sauce and toss.
- Serve immediately.
My husband's favorite dish to make, which surprised me because he's not exactly in the kitchen type guy. He prepares it exactly as written, and it turns out perfectly for us every time. Fast and deliciously delightful. Definitely five stars.
I enjoyed this sauce over homemade fettuccine this evening. Other than halving the amounts to allow for a smaller number of diners, I did not change a thing, adhering to all ingredients, including the vermouth. I did think it tasted rather like boursin. (Which I am very fond of.) Thank you very much for sharing this recipe with us.
Tasted a bit more alfredo to me than boursin, but still rich and delicious. Used milk (to thin) and no vermouth, fresh marjoram, dried basil and oregano. Adding a package of frozen spinach to the fettucine during the last few minutes of cooking transformed this from a side dish to a vegetarian main dish.