Recipe by mandabears
I have no clue who Zelda is, but she makes a mean fettucine with a incredible sauce that tastes like boursin cheese. To make it a bit healthier, you can use low fat sour cream. If you make it, you will love it. Sauce can also be used over steamed broccoli or cauliflower.
Top Review by theresams
My husband's favorite dish to make, which surprised me because he's not exactly in the kitchen type guy. He prepares it exactly as written, and it turns out perfectly for us every time. Fast and deliciously delightful. Definitely five stars.
- 2 cups sour cream
- 3⁄4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup dry vermouth, can be (optional)
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano, crumbled
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil, crumbled
- 1⁄2 teaspoon marjoram, crumbled
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup butter, do not substitute margarine
- 3⁄4 lb fettuccine pasta, freshly cooked and drained
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl combine, sour cream, parmesan cheese, dry vermouth(if using), flour, lemon juice, garlic, oregano, basil, marjoram, salt and pepper.
- Blend thoroughly.
- Melt butter in medium saucepan over low heat.
- Stir in sour cream mixture.
- Simmer for 20 minutes.
- In large bowl combine fettucine and sauce and toss.
- Serve immediately.