Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Tonight, my sharemates made a great curry for dinner! It was really good, simple and seems very easy to make! All the ingredients are things that you always have on hand! I'll try to make this one day soon!
- 3 medium potatoes, cut into bite sizes
- 600 g chicken breasts, cut into strips
- salt & pepper, for marinate the chicken
- 1 small onion, cut finely
- 3 tablespoons curry powder (or more if you like more spicy!)
- salt and pepper, for taste
- 400 ml coconut milk
- 5 tablespoons oil, for fry
- Boil potatoes until half cooked.
- When they are cooked, drain water, and heat the pan with 3 tablespoons oil and fry the potatoes for about 5 minutes; set aside.
- Marinate chicken well with salt & pepper.
- While marinate chicken, heat pan and fry onion until soft.
- Add salt and curry powder and stir them well.
- Add the chicken in and stir, then add coconut milk and stir well.
- Add potatoes.
- Simmer for about 15 minutes or so, make sure chicken and potatoes are cooked.
- Taste it and add more salt and pepper or curry powder if you need.
- Serve with rice.
Well, I was looking for the malaysian chicken from a local restaurant here so I tried this. It was pretty bland and really needed something. I ended up adding 2 tbl. of brown sugar and 2 tbl. of fish sauce to enhance the taste and it turned out really good. We topped with mango chutney, crushed peanuts and shredded coconut. Based on the previous review I thought it was worth mentioning that my curry powder has star anise, cinnamon, ginger, garlic and cardamon already in it. Thanks, we'll make it again.
for a real chicken curry you need to add crush ginger, cinnamon stick, star anise, cardamon, more onion and garlic (step 5). Do not boil potato. Add it to the gravy before chicken and coconut milk. Add water to patato and cook till tender. To make it more tastier add 3 tbs of coconut paste. Try it and you can taste the difference.