Recipe by Sharon123
Oh yes it is! It's so simple to make and best enjoyed in the summer when veggies are at their peak. Fresh, ripe tomatoes are especially important for maximum flavor. Hope you love it too!
Top Review by Soobeeoz
I made this tonight and we loved it. I used Perino tomatoes halved, a Lebanese cucumber and I halved the dressing quantity. Not have any chickpeas, I used an avocado. Delicious!
- 4 -5 ripe roma tomatoes
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 1 small red onion (or 1/2 large onion)
- 1 English cucumber
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans
- 1⁄2 cup feta, cubed (or crumbled, more to taste)
- lettuce leaf, to serve salad on (optional)
For the dressing
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon oregano
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare the dressing:.
- In a small bowl, combine vinegar, oregano, salt and pepper. Slowly add olive oil, whisking to combine. Set aside.
- Rinse and drain beans.
- Dice tomatoes, bell pepper, onion, cucumber. Remove excess liquid from tomatoes.
- Put vegetables and beans in a large bowl.
- Toss dressing with salad. Add feta, lightly toss.
- Best if refrigerated for an hour or two before serving (that is -- if you can wait that long).
- Serve over lettuce leaves if desired.