Bartender Anna Vanderzee suggests making the mix for this recipe one day in advance to allow the spices and horseradish to marry with the tomato juice ;). I happen to like it nice and spicy and cold!!! Chilling time, at least two hours,Cocktails 2007, Food & Wine Magazine.However, it tastes great after just 2 hours but when it is left a little longer it is fantastic. :)
- 1⁄2 cup finely grated peeled fresh horseradish
- 2 ounces Worcestershire sauce
- 2 ounces sriracha chili sauce
- 1 finely grated small lemon, zest of
- 2 teaspoons celery salt
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 32 ounces tomato juice
- 16 ounces vodka
- lime wedge (garnish optional)
- pickled vegetables (garnish optional) or assorted fresh vegetable (garnish optional)
- In a pitcher, combine the horseradish, Worcestershire sauce, Sriracha, lemon zest, celery salt, kosher salt and 2 teaspoons ground pepper.
- Add the tomato juice and stir well; cover and refrigerate until chilled, at least 2 hours.
- Pour the tomato juice mixture into 8 ice-filled rocks glasses.
- Add 2 ounces vodka to each glass and stir.
- Garnish each drink with a pinch of ground pepper, a lime wedge and pickled vegetables.
Great Bloody Mary mix! Letting it sit for a while really makes this wonderful. Thanks for sharing!