From Cooking Pleasures' magazine based on a French soup. For added richness, substitute whipping cream for some of the whole milk. A good loaf of crusty bread would be most appropos! Be my guest and play around with the apple cider/vegetables stock proportions;-I did.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large stock pot, place the parsnips, apple cider and vegetable stock. Bring to boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medim, simmer uncovered 20 minutes or until the parsnips are fork-tender.
- 2In a saute pan, melt the butter over low heat. Add the chopped Granny Smith apples; cooking 5 minutes. Add the cognac if using, cook another 12-15 minutes or until the apples are lighty browned and tender; stirring occasionally.
- 3Transfer the apple mixture to the pot with the parsnips. Add in the milk, salt, and white pepper. Using an immersion blender, blend until smooth.
- 4Cook soup, without burning, until heated through completely.
- 5Garnish with the lemon thyme.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Zee Creamy Parsnip Soup With Zee Granny Smith Apples
Serving Size: 1 (329 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 324.6
- Calories from Fat 144
- Total Fat 16.0 g
- Saturated Fat 9.6 g
- Cholesterol 42.7 mg
- Sodium 475.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.7 g
- Sugars 22.0 g
- Protein 5.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: