Prep 7 mins
Cook 6 hrs
This is actually from Zoom, a kids show that has a section on cooking. This is a fantastic recipe.
Make and share this Zebra Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (16 ounce) package chocolate wafers
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup whipped topping
- Take two chocolate wafers and sandwich them together with half a teaspoon of whipped topping. Put an additional half teaspoon on top of the top cookie. Set this stack down on its side on a plate and continue stacking sideways until you have a 14-inch long log. On the outside, frost the remaining whipped topping so that it covers the rest of the cake.
- Cover with plastic wrap and freeze for about five hours. Take it out and let it thaw in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Slice it. On the inside, it will be striped. Just like a zebra!
So good. Aunt Martha made this some 50 years ago. Good then, and good now!! And so easy. She did use real whipped cream though. These days, trying to find the chocolate wafer cookies in the supermarket is harder than making the cake! Baking*Belle, thanks for reminding me about this goodie . . . Janet
My friend made this for Thanksgiving, and it was the only dessert that was GONE. Thank you for the recipe, YUM!
zebra cake is the best! My cousin has had it every year for her birthday ever since she was a kid. It a tradition in our family. It so easy its hard to believe its so delicious!