Posted by request, haven't tried them yet. Source: Bar Cookies A to Z by Marie Simmons. They sound really good, though! I'm guessing on the prep time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2Butter a 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- 3Melt 1 cup of the chocolate chips in a small saucepan over low heat, let cool slightly- (Or place the chips in a bowl and microwave on HIGH, stirring every 30 seconds, until melted, about 2 minutes.) Set aside.
- 4Sift together the flour and baking powder and set aside.
- 5In a large bowl, beat the butter and the brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- 6Beat in the eggs, one at a time, beating thoroughly after each addition.
- 7Add in the vanilla.
- 8Stir in the sifted dry ingredients until blended.
- 9Transfer half of the mixture to another bowl.
- 10Stir melted chocolate into one portion until blended.
- 11Spread chocolate batter in the prepared pan.
- 12Drop remaining batter by tablespoonfuls onto the chocolate batter.
- 13Spread carefully into an even layer.
- 14Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup chocolate chips and the walnuts.
- 15Bake on the center rack for 30 minutes, or until the edges begin to pull from the sides of the pan.
- 16Cool in the pan on a wire rack before cutting into bars.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Zebra Bars
Serving Size: 1 (1146 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 221.2
- Calories from Fat 123
- Total Fat 13.7 g
- Saturated Fat 7.0 g
- Cholesterol 37.9 mg
- Sodium 27.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 14.7 g
- Protein 2.6 g