Recipe by ciao
Posted by request, haven't tried them yet. Source: Bar Cookies A to Z by Marie Simmons. They sound really good, though! I'm guessing on the prep time.
Top Review by vtryanjordens
This has been a favorite recipe of my family's for years. My kids say it's the best bar cookie....!! I had the recipe for a long time and lost it after I moved. I was so glad to find it online...thanks!!
- 1 1⁄2 cups chocolate chips
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cup walnuts, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Butter a 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- Melt 1 cup of the chocolate chips in a small saucepan over low heat, let cool slightly- (Or place the chips in a bowl and microwave on HIGH, stirring every 30 seconds, until melted, about 2 minutes.) Set aside.
- Sift together the flour and baking powder and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter and the brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time, beating thoroughly after each addition.
- Add in the vanilla.
- Stir in the sifted dry ingredients until blended.
- Transfer half of the mixture to another bowl.
- Stir melted chocolate into one portion until blended.
- Spread chocolate batter in the prepared pan.
- Drop remaining batter by tablespoonfuls onto the chocolate batter.
- Spread carefully into an even layer.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup chocolate chips and the walnuts.
- Bake on the center rack for 30 minutes, or until the edges begin to pull from the sides of the pan.
- Cool in the pan on a wire rack before cutting into bars.