Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 hrs
- 2 lbs of certified angus beef eye round, fresh (Original recipe calls for any type of roasting beef)
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon dehydrated onion
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper (optional)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 (15 ounce) cans peas and carrots (original recipe calls for fresh carrots and peas)
- 1 (16 ounce) can black beans
- 1⁄2 cup tomato sauce or 1⁄2 cup tomato paste
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- 1⁄2 cup marsala wine
- 1 (14 ounce) can vegetable broth (your choice) or 1 (14 ounce) can beef broth (your choice)
- 1 cup Burgundy wine
- 2 -3 large potatoes (If you like potatoes, you can use either, see instructions below) or 5 -6 small red potatoes (If you like potatoes, you can use either, see instructions below)
- In a mixing bowl, combine garlic salt, garlic powder, black pepper, white pepper (optional), paprika, dehydrated onions and broth.
- Microwave for about 2-3 minutes.
- Place beef into a slow-cooker.
- Add to the microwaved spices, the marsala wine and Burgundy wine- and mix well.
- Pour the spice and wine mixture over the beef in the slow-cooker.
- Add the black beans, salsa, tomato sauce (or paste) and carrots and peas on top of the beef as well.
- Set the slow cooker for 8-10 hours to seal in the incredible flavours.
- Serve 8-10 hours later to a very happy family.
- ***NOTE:If you want to, you can also add 2-3 large potatoes or 5-6 small red potatoes to this if you like potatoes.
- If you decide to do this, they should be added last.
I prepared this exactly as written except I used 2 cans of peas instead of peas with carrots. It was quick and easy to make and we thought tasted very good, but not amazing. I'm giving it 5 stars because I topped the leftovers with garlic mashed potatoes and a layer of cheese and baked it for a half hour and it was outstanding as sheperd's pie. DH couldn't get enough. Thanks.
I have made this twice now and it is very good. In the interest of time I didn't microwave the spices, just dumped them in. Also I was out of dehydrated onion so I just used fresh, fresh baby carrots and half a bag of frozen peas. A great version of this recipe. Thanks for sharing!