Recipe by Baby Kato
This recipe is submitted for play in ZWT8 - Spain. It was found at Easy Spanish Recipes.com. Zarangollo is a very traditional Spanish recipe originating from the Southeastern region of Murcia and is tradionally served as tapas. The dish is a easy to make rivuelto, a very common dish involving scrambled eggs, which is usually enjoyed with a glass of Spanish wine.
Top Review by JackieOhNo!
This was a big hit and great way to use summer's bountiful zucchini! I did make this all in one pan, adding the onions, garlic, and zucchini together, but I really didn't have any liquid to strain off. Although I added a generous amount of lemon juice, I didn't really notice it. I have never peeled zucchini before, but think that might be what gave it a sort of sweetness, which went nicely with the onion. A lovely, summertime breakfast! Made for ZWT 8.
- 1 zucchini, large, peeled, cut into small cubes
- 1 onion, large, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 4 eggs, medium, beaten
- 4.92 ml lemon juice
- 2.46 ml dry oregano
- 59.16 ml olive oil
- 7.39 ml parsley, fresh, finely chopped
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml pepper (or to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a pan over medium-high heat and add the onion and garlic, reducing the heat to medium and cook until they are soft and translucent.
- While the onion is cooking, add the other 2 tbsp of olive oil to another pan and heat over medium-high heat and add the cubed zucchini and cook for 10 minutes.
- Strain off the liquid and add the cooked zucchini to the onions and cook together for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add a little salt and pepper as well as the parsley, oregano and lemon juice to the vegetables.
- Then add a dash of salt to the beaten eggs and add them to the vegetables, cooking over medium heat while stirring and tossing the eggs and vegetables.
- The eggs will be broken up when then are done.