Recipe by *Bellinda*
This dish is from the Murcia area of Spain. It can be made with or without the eggs. Serve hot or at room temperature with crusty white bread and a glass of wine.
Top Review by Realtor by day, Chef by night
Yum! This was delicious! It's a nice healthy way to start the day. Sadly, I skipped the wine and served it with toast and coffee. Thanks, Bellinda! Made for photo tag.
- 88.74 ml olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 yellow onions, finely chopped
- 907.18 g zucchini, diced small
- salt, pepper
- 9.85 ml oregano
- 6 eggs (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a pan heat 1/2 of the oil and cook garlic and onions for about 15 minutes or until soft and translucent.
- In a second pan heat the remaining oil and saute zucchini for about 15 minutes or until soft and releasing liquid. Drain and add to the onion pan.
- Season with salt,pepper, oregano and continue cooking for about 5 minutes.
- Optional: At this point you could crack the eggs onto the veggie mixture and heat until the whites are set.