Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This dish is from the Murcia area of Spain. It can be made with or without the eggs. Serve hot or at room temperature with crusty white bread and a glass of wine.
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 yellow onions, finely chopped
- 2 lbs zucchini, diced small
- salt, pepper
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 6 eggs (optional)
- In a pan heat 1/2 of the oil and cook garlic and onions for about 15 minutes or until soft and translucent.
- In a second pan heat the remaining oil and saute zucchini for about 15 minutes or until soft and releasing liquid. Drain and add to the onion pan.
- Season with salt,pepper, oregano and continue cooking for about 5 minutes.
- Optional: At this point you could crack the eggs onto the veggie mixture and heat until the whites are set.
Yum! This was delicious! It's a nice healthy way to start the day. Sadly, I skipped the wine and served it with toast and coffee. Thanks, Bellinda! Made for photo tag.
Simply perfect, Bellinda!!! This is an easy, quick and most of all super yummy veggie dish, which is also very good for you! It was thoroughly enjoyed by all here and will be made again! My sis especially luved the inclusion of eggs and the funny way of cooking them. :) THANKS SO MUCH for sharing this wonderful recipe with us! Made and reviewed for 1-2-3-Hit-Wonders Novembre 09.
I found this recipe when looking through your Europe cookbook. It's a delicious way to make zucchini but so simple.