Prep 8 mins
Cook 0 mins
Growing up in Dubai there was a tiny restaurant my father would occasionally take us to. They were famous for & only served Zanzibari Pulao along with a cold glass of the drink Tang. After moving out of Dubai the only option I had to still eat the pulao was to come up with something at home. After many trials my mom came up with this chutney recipe. This chutney is part of the Zanzibari Pulao that I have posted. Pakistani Bhagaare Chawal (Stir Fried Rice) or Zanzabari Pulao Pakistani Bhagar Walay Chawal (Stir Fried Rice) or Zanzibari Pul Soon I'll post Zanzibari Fried Fish's recipe as well. Already warning people with low tolerance to spices. This chutney is spicy & sour . It can be stored in an air tight jar for 2 weeks in the fridge.
- 7 small tomatoes, cut into 4 pieces
- 1 medium onion, cut into 8 pieces
- 1 medium jalapeno pepper
- 1 garlic clove
- 8 tablespoons vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1⁄8 bunch fresh coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 lemon, juice of
- Blend everything together & make a puree. Your chutney is ready.
- Enjoy it with Zanzabari Pulao & Fish along with sliced cucumbers, carrots, onions & a cold glass of tang :).
I love this chutney! It is so delicious Thanks for posting the recipe. You need to add all of Ami's dishes, so I can start cooking at home!