Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a delicious creamy curry with a great orange colour. Serve with naan bread to mop up the coconut juices. Originally a vegetarian dish, replace the sausages with cooked meat-free chunks for Linda McCartney's veggie option.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mixed spice
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 lb sweet potato, chopped
- 2 onions, sliced
- 2 carrots, cut into sticks
- 7 ounces cauliflower florets
- 1 (400 ml) can coconut milk
- 11 ounces cooked sausage, cut into chunks
- 3 tablespoons coriander leaves, roughly chopped
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the oil in a wok or large frying pan until hot. Add the garlic and spices and stir-fry for 30 seconds to release the flavours.
- Add the sweet potato, onions and carrots and stir-fry for 5 minutes until slightly softened.
- Add the cauliflower and the coconut milk. Half fill the empty tin with water and add this to the mixture. Cover and cook over a low heat for 15 minutes.
- Remove the lid, add the sausage chunks and cooked uncovered for a further 5 minutes until all the vegetables are tender and the meat heated through.
- Stir in the coriander leaves, season with salt and pepper and serve with naan bread.
This was WONDERFUL! We used Bharat for the mixed spice, 1 teaspoon curry powder, and 3 teaspoons masala meusi. The spices were great. We cooked it a little longer in most places to make the vegetables more tender. We used Italian Sausage and it turned out fine, but next time we will use spicy sausage. Thank you for posting this, we will definitely make it again!