Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
In honor of Zee Zany Zesty Cookzzzzz of ZWT6! This certainly is a zesty recipe, created in a truly zany fashion - throw a lot of ingredients together & cross my fingers! I grabbed all my North African/Middle Eastern spices and used many of them to create this spice mix. The sugar aids in caramelization. It will work with anything; I tried it on chicken (enough for 8 large breasts) because I don't like seafood. Created for The Mixing Pot challenge in the Fish & Seafood Forum. Enjoy!
- 1 tablespoon sumac
- 1 tablespoon dried mint
- 1⁄2 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 big pinch saffron, crumbled
- Combine all ingredients.
- Sprinkle over scallops, shrimp, pork, chicken, tofu, fish, steaks -- anything!
- Cook as your heart desires. I recommend cast iron skillet or grill.
I marinated some chicken for DH to cook for dinner using this spice mix. He threw it in the oven with some sliced onions & had a delicious meal. Made for ZWT6 - No-Nonsense Nibblers