Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Not your traditional chicken!
- 3 lbs chicken thighs or 3 lbs chicken drumsticks
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄4 pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, mashed
- 3⁄4 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons raisins
- 1⁄3 cup slivered almonds
- Season chicken with the spices.
- In a large fry pan, heat oil over med-high heat.
- Add chicken, in batches if necessary, and cook, turning until browned, about 10 minutes.
- Remove and set aside.
- Add onion to pan.
- Cook until soft, about 3 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook 1 minute longer.
- Return chicken to pan.
- Add orange juice and raisins.
- Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes, until chicken is tender.
- Garnish with almonds.