Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Adopted recipe. This is super easy to put together. You will probably get messy fingers, but that's part of the fun. You could use more or less garlic based on what you like.
- 4 chicken breast halves
- 236.59 ml fresh breadcrumb
- 14.79 ml onion, minced (I used dried but you could use fresh as well)
- 1.23 ml cayenne pepper
- 1.23 ml ginger, ground
- 78.07 ml plain low-fat yogurt
- 29.58 ml garlic, minced
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Lightly spray a medium size shallow baking dish with vegetable spray.
- Rinse chicken and pat dry.
- In a shallow pan, combine bread crumbs, onion, cayenne pepper and ginger.
- In a seperate shallow dish, combine garlic and yogurt.
- Dip each chicken breast in the yogurt mix and then dip in bread crumb mix.
- Place in prepared dish.
- Bake uncovered, 30 to 35 min, or until fully cooked.
- I use a meat thermometer to test mine.
Made this according to the recipe, although I did cut it in half for just the 2 of us! I also used whole-grain bread crumbs & the resulting chicken was DELICIOUS! Loved the combo of spices & will certainly be making this again & again, 'cause we do have chicken breasts often! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed in Healthy Choices ABC recipe tag]
This was yummy! I omitted teh cayenne pepper and ginger and used mayo as suggested. I pressed 3 cloves of fresh garlic into the mayo and mixed then dipped the chicken breast in that and then used italian seasoned breadcrumbs! Thanks for posting!
Yum. Way more garlicky than I thought it would be, but that's a good thing. I used cornbread crumbs and it turned out great. Thanks for something new for us to try.