Recipe by akgrown
These are our favorite! Chewy inside, crisp outside. I've tried lots of different recipes and this is my hybrid recipe. :-) Making these cookies is my three-year-old son, Zander's, favorite activity. He loves to help measure and play with his own ball of dough. I have made these healthier by substituting 1/2 cup of white sugar for Splenda and using half wheat flour with great results.
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 -2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter and sugars together.
- Add egg and vanilla. Mix till well blended.
- Sift together flour, soda and salt. Add to butter mixture. Dough will be stiff.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls on parchment covered baking sheet.
- Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes. (until pale golden, almost undercooked) Do not over brown them or they will be hard and crispy. :-).