These are our favorite! Chewy inside, crisp outside. I've tried lots of different recipes and this is my hybrid recipe. :-) Making these cookies is my three-year-old son, Zander's, favorite activity. He loves to help measure and play with his own ball of dough. I have made these healthier by substituting 1/2 cup of white sugar for Splenda and using half wheat flour with great results.
- Cream butter and sugars together.
- Add egg and vanilla. Mix till well blended.
- Sift together flour, soda and salt. Add to butter mixture. Dough will be stiff.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls on parchment covered baking sheet.
- Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes. (until pale golden, almost undercooked) Do not over brown them or they will be hard and crispy. :-).
These are delicious, chewy on the inside and crispy on the out..just the way I like chocolate chip cookies. I used a 250 gram packet of chocolate bits. Thanks for sharing.
i just loved it it's soooooooooooo yummy but i added cocoa powder cos i don't like white cookies
Mmm-Mmm Good! I substituted all the white sugar for Splenda and used half brown sugar/half Splenda brown sugar. I also used 1 1/4 wheat flour and 1 cup white. Next time I think I will try all wheat and more Splenda brown sugar. They were delicious and soft. My problem is I can't stop eating them! Don't be afraid to substitute-they didn't taste "healthy"!