If you like, toss some frozen peas into the white sauce for some color contrast. A rib-sticking comfort food from the Michigan Dutch chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt butter in a saucepan; add flour and seasonings, stirring until completely incorporated.
- 2Add milk and cook until thick, stirring frequently.
- 3Pick salmon over and remove skin and bones.
- 4Fold carefully into hot white sauce and cook until fish is heated through.
- 5Serve on a mound of rice.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Zalm Met Rijst - Salmon With Rice
Serving Size: 1 (127 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 172.1
- Calories from Fat 50
- Total Fat 5.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 15.8 mg
- Sodium 241.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 3.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: