Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a simple & delicious way to eat cauliflower. It is great as a vegetarian light meal or as a side dish, it's also great during Ramadan.
- 1 1⁄2 small cauliflower, cut into florets
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, very finely minced
- 1⁄2 cup tahini
- 1 large lemon, juice of
- salt and black pepper
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon za'atar spice mix
- 1 pinch sesame seeds
- paprika (to garnish)
- lemon wedge (to garnish)
- Preheat oven to 450°F Toss cauliflower in 2 tsp olive oil. Season with salt, pepper and sesame seeds.
- Cook in oven for 25 minutes, or until browned and fork tender.
- In the meantime, make the sauce.Gently heat 2 tsp olive oil in a sauce pan. Stir in other ingredients (tahini, lemon juice, salt & pepper, tabasco, cumin and za’atar) and set aside.
- Toss cauliflower in sauce and serve immediately.
This didn't look very tasty but DH said it was good. Made for Ramadan Tag
Very nice side dish. I was a bit worried about my guests not liking the tahini sauce but they all complemented it. It was rather thick but I suppose that it was due to the tahini itself (which is not easy to find in Poland).