Recipe by Kimschmee
This very old Italian dessert is excellent after a heavy dinner. It is especially nice because it can be made on the spur of the moment.
- 6 egg yolks
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup sweet marsala wine
- 1 medium lemon, rind of, grated
- 1 dash brandy, 1 splash (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Measure the ingreadients into the top of double boiler and place over boiling water. Beat constantly with a rotary beater until mixture tickens and mounds like whipped cream.
- Remove from heat.
- Serve hot or chilled in tall parfait glasses alone or as a topping for sponge cake or canned fruit.