Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Served warm in wine glasses with fresh fruit or a biscotti.
Make and share this Zabaglione recipe from Food.com.
- Put the egg yolks and sugar in the top of the double boiler, off of the heat.
- Whip electric mixer for 3 minutes, or until the mixture is pale yellow and creamy.
- Stir in the Marsala.
- In the bottom of the double boiler, bring 2"-3" of water to a simmer.
- Place the top section over the water and cook for 6-10 minutes, whisking constantly.
- The mixture will begin to foam, then swell into a soft mass.
- Zabaglione is ready when it stands in soft peaks.
- Remove from the heat and serve.
Not only is this a recipe, it is an aerobic workout! :o) I tasted it straight off the spoon and didn't like it. I dipped a strawberry in it and I was in love! Thanks for a new way to immpress dinner guests!