Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
i threw this dish together when i wanted to do something extra special with zucchini. i was thinking of the delicious zucchini-feta balls the lady at a moroccan food truck in philly used to have me try with my regular falafel. with the addition of the zatar, the dish is very middle eastern, and the feta grounds and warms everything.
- 1 zucchini
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon za'atar spice mix (arab spice mix that includes thyme, sumac, marjoram, salt, and sesame seed ( check your middle east)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄4 cup crubled feta cheese
- chop onion and zucchini.
- heat olive oil in pan on medium-high.
- saute onions until translucent.
- add zucchini, zatar, and pepper; saute over medium heat until onions are browned and zucchini is cooked through transfer to serving bowl and stir in feta cheese.
I made this for lunch y'day and really enjoyed it. I used way more than 1/4 cup of feta but thats b/c I <3 feta! Thanks for sharing.
Love Za'atar and this makes zucchini very, very good. Not your normal zucchini dish. Serve over rice or couscous.