Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I made this up one evening using za'atar sent to me by Sue L! Very simple & everybody raved.
Make and share this Za'atar Tomatoes recipe from Food.com.
- 4 large ripe beefsteak tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons za'atar spice mix
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Core tomatoes & slice into thick rounds (thirds or fourths).
- Place in 1 layer on a large sided baking sheet. Drizzle a small amount of olive oil on each tomato & sprinkle za'atar on top.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until hot but not mushy.
Refreshingly easy! I made this without cooking! Kept it raw. Since my tomatoes were vine ripened. Great for hot days! Thanks.
What a wonderful way to use my beloved za'atar. During cooking, I basted the tomatoes twice with the pan juices. Be careful when you take the first bite -- they hold their heat.
these are really good on top of french bread that is baking that has a thin layer of garlic butter and mozzerella cheese awesome