Pieces of Tomato soaked in vinegar and olive oil. Roma tomatoes are firm but I use whatever tomatoes I have on hand. After we eat out the ingredients I just add more tomatoes to the left over dressing. It stays good for wile like this and can save time during Ramadan or busy weeks. Don't use a watery balsamic for this.
- 4 roma tomatoes, cut into fours (or any other tomato you like, try some grape tomatoes cut in half or cherry tomatoes or a nice green)
- 118.29 ml olive oil
- 59.14 ml balsamic vinegar
- 28.34 g parsley, stems removed
- 1.23 ml sea salt (optional)
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 14.79 ml za'atar spice mix (green)
- 1.23 ml ground black pepper
- 118.29 ml feta, cubed
- *The feta and the zaatar have their own salt so add salt at the end for your own taste.
- Chop tomatoes in fours.
- Chop parsley.
- Crumble up the feta.
- Put olive oil, vinegar, spices, parsley,garlic in blender and blend on high speed to creat an emulsion and mix the flavors together.
- In a large bowl pour the emulsion and then add the chopped tomatoes and feta.
- Mix well to incorporate.
- Pour everything into a small Tupperware container with lid.
- Chill in the fridge to meld the flavors 2-24 hours.
- Serve with pita or crusty bread.