1/1 Photo of Za'atar Extended Version
Mia in Germany's Note:
This is the Za'atar Spice Mix I get in our local oriental store. It contains more spices than usual za'atar and reminds me a bit of dukka. Like a mix of za'atar and dukka, and I like it very much.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a dry pan toast 3 tablespoons sesame seeds, almonds and sunflower seeds.
- 2When slightly toasted, remove from pan into a bowl to cool, toast the additional tablespoon sesame seeds, too, and let cool on a seperate plate.
- 3Put coriander, anise, fennel and cumin into the pan and toast until fragrant.
- 4Remove from pan into another bowl, let cool.
- 5When seeds and spices are completely cooled, put all except the additional tablespoon sesame seeds, thyme, sumac and salt into spice grinder (or coffee grinder or food processor), grind until halfway powdery, then add sea salt, thyme and sumac and just give it one more whizz to blend.
- 6Add in the additional tablespoon whole sesame seeds, blend with a wire whisk.
- 7Store in an airtight container.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Za'atar Extended Version
Serving Size: 1 (28 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 176.2
- Calories from Fat 128
- Total Fat 14.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1183.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 6.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: