Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
After trying unsuccessfully to log on to Recipezaar this morning, I had to dust off one of my cookbooks to find a recipe for cookies. It has ages since I have made a recipe straight out of a cookbook; and I missed the expertise of or the suggestions of the many great chefs here. These cookies turned out well and seem to be slightly different than other recipes posted here. These cookies really spread out and are quite chewy.
- 236.59 ml margarine or 236.59 ml butter
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 177.44 ml brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 large eggs
- 9.85 ml vanilla
- 473.18 ml flour
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml salt
- 236.59 ml shredded coconut
- 354.88 ml rolled oats
- 236.59 ml chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs, sugar and vanilla.
- Sift together flour, baking soda and salt; blend into creamed mixture.
- Stir in rolled oats, coconut and chocolate chips.
- Drop teaspoons of batter 2 inches apart unto lightly greased baking sheet.
- (Cookies have a nicer appearnce when baked on a baking stone such as Pampered Chef) Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
These were really good, although for some reason mine got a bit more flat than I like. Dough froze very well too.
Ahhh. This one is very similar to the recipe I use (well, adapt from, actually). I don't add coconut, but add a little cinnamon, ground cloves, and ginger (sometimes I add a touch of ground cardimom)... and a little extra vanilla (I love vanilla). Also, it is good using chopped walnuts, or pecans.