Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Chef's hat off to my 10 year old DS. While making brushetta for a neighbor's BBQ I found I still had quite a bit of french baguette bread left and my little Chef in the making came up with this recipe. Funny thing was that the guests scarfed up his recipe faster than my brushetta. Very kid friendly recipe and the adults raved too. You probably could add some pizza sauce too, but I had none and it didn't seem to matter. If you try these, please write a review as I have a very anxious DS waiting to read them :)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice Baguette diagonally about 1/4" to 1/2".
- Brush each side of bread with Olive Oil.
- Place bread on baking sheet.
- Sprinkle Garlic Powder& Oregano over bread slices.
- Place 1 or 2 slices of Pepperoni on top of spices.
- Sprinkle shredded Mozzarella over Pepperoni.
- Bake@ 350 degrees for 7 to 10 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Wonderful! Have made several variations and my kids LOVE them! We always make enough to have some to send into school for lunch the next day.
Delightful appetizer created by a 10 year old son! Bravo Young man my hat goes off to you - I used low fat Jalapeno Jack cheese, only sprayed the bread with no fat Olive oil and still they were fabulous. I bet we will see a lot of your recipes in the future, at least I sure hope so.
UPDATE: I've been using this recipe since 2004 and I always get raves on it. Just had to thank you again for this wonderful appetizer! Wendy Excellent snack. With the second batch we added crushed red peppers to the olive oil. What a clever idea. I'm looking forward to trying additional add ins. Good job!