Prep 6 mins
Cook 5 mins
Source: Chef Leo Madrigal, Z Tejas Grill, Phoenix, Arizona
- 3 eggs, whipped
- 2 ounces sausage, cooked and chopped
- 2 ounces bacon, cooked and chopped
- 2 ounces salsa fresca
- 2 ounces potatoes, fried and chopped
- 2 ounces monterey jack cheese, grated
- 1 9-inch flour tortillas
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 ounces chipotle chiles
- 2 ounces milk
- In a food processor, combine chipotle peppers, sour cream and milk; process until peppers have been finely chopped.
- Pour mixture through a sieve; set aside.
- Brush a large nonstick skillet with butter or oil.
- Place skillet over medium heat.
- Add sausage, bacon and potatoes; heat 30 seconds.
- Add eggs; cook until almost done.
- Add salsa fresca; continue cooking until eggs are done.
- Butter one side of the flour tortilla.
- Add egg mixture and jack cheese to tortilla fold over to crisp up.
- Cook tortilla on each side until crisp.
- Serve with sour cream mixture.