- 4 roma tomatoes, stem removed
- 1 small white onion, quartered
- 3 New Mexico green chilies, roasted and deseeded
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Place tomatoes and onions under broiler for about 10 minutes and let them get really black.
- Add blackened tomatoes, onions, garlic, chilies and water to small sauce pan over medium heat.
- Cook, stirring occasionally until the vegetables are soft.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Puree in blender until slightly chunky.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with crispy tortilla chips.