Karen in MA's Note:
from Fox 13 Utah website
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a heavy bottomed sauce pan sauté onions in oil on low heat until they begin to caramelize.
- 2Deglaze onions with cider vinegar and puree using a kitchen blender.
- 3Return pureed onions to pan and add beef stock.
- 4Simmer for 30 minutes skimming off any excess foam.
- 5Add honey and Kitchen Bouquet and reduce to 5 cups.
- 6Mix 1 Tbs. cornstarch with 2 Tbs. water and add to sauce.
- 7Let simmer for one minute.
- 8Check the seasonings, add salt and pepper if necessary.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Z Tejas Caramelized Onion Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (427 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 136.1
- Calories from Fat 31
- Total Fat 3.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 152.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 21.1 g
- Protein 1.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: