Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
from Fox 13 Utah website
Make and share this Z Tejas Caramelized Onion Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- In a heavy bottomed sauce pan sauté onions in oil on low heat until they begin to caramelize.
- Deglaze onions with cider vinegar and puree using a kitchen blender.
- Return pureed onions to pan and add beef stock.
- Simmer for 30 minutes skimming off any excess foam.
- Add honey and Kitchen Bouquet and reduce to 5 cups.
- Mix 1 Tbs. cornstarch with 2 Tbs. water and add to sauce.
- Let simmer for one minute.
- Check the seasonings, add salt and pepper if necessary.