Recipe by Wendelina
Swiss one-pot meal meant to be cooked in a pressure cooker. It can be cooked in a dutch oven or a slow cooker as well. Adjust time accordingly.
Top Review by LifeIsGood
Wow! This was the surprise winner of the ZWT7 for me. I was expecting it to taste good, but this is fantastic!! I used my pressure cooker and everything came together easily and pretty quickly. I couldn't decide whether to use pork or beef, so I used about a half pound of each. I think I like the beef best with this recipe. There was so much more flavor and browning than I anticipated. Yummy! The bottom of the pan even had some beautiful caramelization going on that I could scoop up for each serving. Fantastic comfort meal. Into my best of the best file it goes! Made during ZWT7 for the Golden Gourmets.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs pork or 1 1⁄2 lbs beef, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 3 onions, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium size head of cabbage, cut in large pieces
- 4 -6 potatoes, peeled, cut in pieces
- 2 -3 carrots, peeled, cut in pieces
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1⁄2 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Put margarine in a pot and heat, brown meat gently.
- Steam onions and garlic until softened. Add cumin, salt and pepper.
- Put half of the cabbage onto the meat.
- Add potatoes and carrots, then put the rest of the cabbage on top.
- Again add salt and pepper.
- Add white wine, cover and steam for about 5 minutes.
- Add water and stew for about 25 minutes under pressure.