1/3 Photos of Zürcher Geschnetzeltes - Zurich Veal Recipe
This recipe is a specialty of Zurich. It is typically served with rosti (Swiss hashbrowns).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs veal cutlets, sliced into 3/4 in strips
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 ounces unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, very finely sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely sliced
- 15 fresh sage leaves, chopped
- 7 ounces cremini mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 1 cup dry white wine
- sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/4 cups heavy cream
- 1Sprinkle the flour over the meat and coat well. Heat half of both the butter and oil in a frying pan. As soon as the butter foams, add the meat and brown it very quickly on all sides. Set aside on a plate.
- 2Add the rest of the butter and oil to the pan and sauté the onion, garlic and sage for a few minutes, then add the mushrooms. Stir well and when the mushrooms start to soften, continue cooking for about 5 minutes longer.
- 3Add the wine to deglaze the bottom of the pan, using a wooden spoon to scrape away any crust that has formed. Add the veal and cook, stirring, until the wine has evaporated. Turn the heat down to low and cook for another 10 minutes.
- 4Season with salt and pepper, and at the last moment, add the cream, let it bubble for 2 minutes, then remove from the heat and serve.
Browse Our Top Veal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Veal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Zürcher Geschnetzeltes - Zurich Veal Recipe
Serving Size: 1 (310 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 558.2
- Calories from Fat 367
- Total Fat 40.8 g
- Saturated Fat 21.1 g
- Cholesterol 212.2 mg
- Sodium 148.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 31.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fresh sage leaves