1/5 Photos of Z-Best Burger Buffet in the Southwest!
Beautiful BC's Note:
The best thing about BBQ Season is heating up the grill and inviting friends over for a relaxed and care free afternoon under the hot sun. The best thing about a buffet is the chef gets to enjoy the day too. So send out the invitations, ice up the Corona's and whip up some ice cold margarita's. Then kick back and enjoy these fabulous open faced burgers created especially for you by Z-Best Chefs for ZWT III.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 onion bread, sliced & toasted
- 14.79 ml coriander
- 14.79 ml garlic powder
- 14.79 ml cumin
- 8 slice monterey jack pepper cheese
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 236.59 ml tomatillo salsa
- 236.59 ml guacamole
- 236.59 ml garlic aioli
- 118.29 ml chopped green chili
- 453.59 g peppery smoked bacon
- leafy green lettuce
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 1 small onion, finely sliced
- 1 small sweet onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 dried chipotle chiles
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, leaves and stems
- 118.29 ml water
- 9.85 ml coarse salt (to taste)
- 2.46-4.92 ml sugar (to taste)
- 226.79 g tomatillo, husked, washed, and roasted
- 1 lime, juice of
- 3 medium avocados, seeded peeled, and diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 onion, finely minced
- 236.59 ml green chili, chopped
- 29.58 ml cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime, juice of
- 3 medium ripe tomatoes, chopped
- salt and pepper
- chili pepper
- 1Day before:.
- 2Prepare Chipotle Tomatillo Salsa.Tomatillo Salsa.
- 3Two hours before:.
- 5Mix together coriander, garlic pwd and cumin and put on a flat plate.
- 6Coat chicken breasts with spice mixtures. Put on a clean plate, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until grill time.
- 7Fry bacon, place on clean plate,cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate. (**if you can't find pepper bacon where you are, buy regular smoked bacon [not maple bacon] and sprinkle it with freshly ground black pepper).
- 8One Hour before:.
- 9Fire up grill.
- 10Tear up lettuce, slice up tomatoes and onion. Arrange on serving platter. Cover with plastic wrap and put in the refrigetor.
- 11Place sauces in small serving bowls, cover with plastic wrap and put back in refrigerator.
- 121/2 Hour Before:.
- 13Fire up the grill.
- 14Set your banquet table (ie patio table of choice) so your guests can easily self serve with plates, napkins and all the goodies from the fridge.
- 15Grill chicken breasts on medium-high heat about 5 minutes per side. Internal temperature should be 180°C/350°F.
- 16After turning the chicken, lightly brush the bread slices with olive oil and place on the grill to lightly toast. (If you can't find onion bread, any dense bread can be used).
- 17About a minute before removing from grill, top each breast with a slice of Pepper Jack Cheese.
- 18To build Burger:.
- 19Place chicken breast on toasted bread.
- 20Add bacon, onion and chopped green chili's.
- 21Top with any or all of the three dips (Tomatilla Salsa/ Guacamole/ Garlic Aioli).
- 22Finish off with slice of tomato and lettuce.
- 23Disfrutar/ Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Tex-Mex Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Z-Best Burger Buffet in the Southwest!
Serving Size: 1 (479 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1053.6
- Calories from Fat 607
- Total Fat 67.5 g
- Saturated Fat 21.2 g
- Cholesterol 212.7 mg
- Sodium 3234.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.7 g
- Sugars 11.9 g
- Protein 79.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: