The best thing about BBQ Season is heating up the grill and inviting friends over for a relaxed and care free afternoon under the hot sun. The best thing about a buffet is the chef gets to enjoy the day too. So send out the invitations, ice up the Corona's and whip up some ice cold margarita's. Then kick back and enjoy these fabulous open faced burgers created especially for you by Z-Best Chefs for ZWT III.
- 8 onion bread, sliced & toasted
- 14.79 ml coriander
- 14.79 ml garlic powder
- 14.79 ml cumin
- 8 slice monterey jack pepper cheese
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 236.59 ml tomatillo salsa
- 236.59 ml guacamole
- 236.59 ml garlic aioli
- 118.29 ml chopped green chili
- 453.59 g peppery smoked bacon
- leafy green lettuce
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 1 small onion, finely sliced
- 1 small sweet onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 dried chipotle chiles
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, leaves and stems
- 118.29 ml water
- 9.85 ml coarse salt (to taste)
- 2.46-4.92 ml sugar (to taste)
- 226.79 g tomatillo, husked, washed, and roasted
- 1 lime, juice of
- 3 medium avocados, seeded peeled, and diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 onion, finely minced
- 236.59 ml green chili, chopped
- 29.58 ml cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime, juice of
- 3 medium ripe tomatoes, chopped
- salt and pepper
- chili pepper
- 118.29 ml mayonnaise
- 4.92 ml finely chopped garlic
- 14.79 ml lemon juice
- 2.46 ml hot sauce
- 29.58 ml chopped fresh coriander
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Day before:.
- Prepare Recipe #227901.Tomatillo Salsa.
- Two hours before:.
- Prepare Recipe #51532 Guacamole and Recipe #108234 Garlic Aioli. (if you prefer a chunkier Guacamole, try Recipe #231702).
- Mix together coriander, garlic pwd and cumin and put on a flat plate.
- Coat chicken breasts with spice mixtures. Put on a clean plate, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until grill time.
- Fry bacon, place on clean plate,cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate. (**if you can't find pepper bacon where you are, buy regular smoked bacon [not maple bacon] and sprinkle it with freshly ground black pepper).
- One Hour before:.
- Fire up grill.
- Tear up lettuce, slice up tomatoes and onion. Arrange on serving platter. Cover with plastic wrap and put in the refrigetor.
- Place sauces in small serving bowls, cover with plastic wrap and put back in refrigerator.
- 1/2 Hour Before:.
- Fire up the grill.
- Set your banquet table (ie patio table of choice) so your guests can easily self serve with plates, napkins and all the goodies from the fridge.
- Grill chicken breasts on medium-high heat about 5 minutes per side. Internal temperature should be 180°C/350°F.
- After turning the chicken, lightly brush the bread slices with olive oil and place on the grill to lightly toast. (If you can't find onion bread, any dense bread can be used).
- About a minute before removing from grill, top each breast with a slice of Pepper Jack Cheese.
- To build Burger:.
- Place chicken breast on toasted bread.
- Add bacon, onion and chopped green chili's.
- Top with any or all of the three dips (Tomatilla Salsa/ Guacamole/ Garlic Aioli).
- Finish off with slice of tomato and lettuce.
- Disfrutar/ Enjoy!