Prep 8 mins
Cook 40 mins
This recipe is adapted from a recipe here of Zaar. I think my slight changes/additions make it that much better! The first one I made, according to the recipe on here, was loved - the second one (with the changes!) was lusted after!!!!
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup cocoa
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup milk or 1 cup soymilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄4 cups packed soft brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon instant coffee
- 5 tablespoons cocoa
- 3 1⁄2 cups hot tap water
- Preheat oven to 350F/170°C.
- Lightly spray 9x13 pan with nonstick spray.
- Cake: combine all dry ingredients and mix to distribute evenly.
- Add all liquid ingredients, and mix to make smooth.
- Scrape batter in to pand and set aside.
- Fudge sauce: in the same bowl as cake, combine brown sugar, coffee, cocoa and hot water.
- mix until melted.
- Carefully pour in to pan over batter.
- DO NOT MIX. You want the liquid to sit on top of the cake.
- Bake in preheated oven for 40 minute uncovered.
- Cake will rise to the top and you will have a hot fudge sauce on bottom.
- When you serve, spoon the hot fudge sauce from beneath each piece you cut over the cake.
- Top with vanilla ice cream and enjoy!
Awesome! I put it in the crockpot on high for 3 hrs and it came out perfect! It makes a ton, so use a big crockpot if you do it that way!
There are not enough stars to rate this!!! An outstanding recipe! Delicious and fancy too. Makes it look like you made a special sauce. I'm impressed!!