Recipe by Caryn Caldwell
A quick, easy, savory casserole. My grandmother always made this, and I loved it! I highly recommend making sure one or both cans of soup is low sodium, or it ends up tasting pretty salty, although you may prefer a higher sodium content. I also prefer to use ground turkey instead of beef; with all the other ingredients, it's impossible to tell the difference in taste.
Top Review by revonb
This is a great dish! My family loved it (and with two picky boys that's saying a lot) and it tasted yummy the next day too! I used mozzarella cheese instead of Velveeta and it was delicious. :)Robin
- 453.59 g ground beef or 453.59 g ground turkey
- 283.49-340.19 g can cream of celery soup
- 283.49-340.19 g can cream of mushroom soup
- 283.49-340.19 g can tomato paste
- 226.79 g wide egg noodles
- 6-10 slice Velveeta cheese (to taste) or 6-10 slice American cheese (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease 13”x9” baking pan.
- Cook noodles until tender, as per directions on package. (Usually 6-8 minutes.) Drain.
- While noodles are cooking, brown ground beef/turkey.
- In a separate (large!) bowl, mix together soups and tomato paste. Stir in browned meat, then prepared noodles. Mixture will be thick.
- Dump the contents of the bowl into baking pan and smooth with spatula.
- Layer cheese squares over casserole.
- Cover pan with aluminum foil.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes, then remove foil and continue baking for 5-10 minutes, until more golden.