1 hr 10 mins
Caryn Caldwell's Note:
A quick, easy, savory casserole. My grandmother always made this, and I loved it! I highly recommend making sure one or both cans of soup is low sodium, or it ends up tasting pretty salty, although you may prefer a higher sodium content. I also prefer to use ground turkey instead of beef; with all the other ingredients, it's impossible to tell the difference in taste.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Grease 13”x9” baking pan.
- 3Cook noodles until tender, as per directions on package. (Usually 6-8 minutes.) Drain.
- 4While noodles are cooking, brown ground beef/turkey.
- 5In a separate (large!) bowl, mix together soups and tomato paste. Stir in browned meat, then prepared noodles. Mixture will be thick.
- 6Dump the contents of the bowl into baking pan and smooth with spatula.
- 7Layer cheese squares over casserole.
- 8Cover pan with aluminum foil.
- 9Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes, then remove foil and continue baking for 5-10 minutes, until more golden.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Yumzetti/ Johnny Marzetti
Serving Size: 1 (170 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 506.5
- Calories from Fat 218
- Total Fat 24.3 g
- Saturated Fat 10.1 g
- Cholesterol 110.9 mg
- Sodium 1516.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 10.1 g
- Protein 27.4 g