Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 55 mins
A quick, easy, savory casserole. My grandmother always made this, and I loved it! I highly recommend making sure one or both cans of soup is low sodium, or it ends up tasting pretty salty, although you may prefer a higher sodium content. I also prefer to use ground turkey instead of beef; with all the other ingredients, it's impossible to tell the difference in taste.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease 13”x9” baking pan.
- Cook noodles until tender, as per directions on package. (Usually 6-8 minutes.) Drain.
- While noodles are cooking, brown ground beef/turkey.
- In a separate (large!) bowl, mix together soups and tomato paste. Stir in browned meat, then prepared noodles. Mixture will be thick.
- Dump the contents of the bowl into baking pan and smooth with spatula.
- Layer cheese squares over casserole.
- Cover pan with aluminum foil.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes, then remove foil and continue baking for 5-10 minutes, until more golden.
This is a great dish! My family loved it (and with two picky boys that's saying a lot) and it tasted yummy the next day too! I used mozzarella cheese instead of Velveeta and it was delicious. :)Robin
This is great and easy to make. My whole family eats it right up! Thanks for posting.