Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
My husband loves this after it has been in the fridge for a day or two. He really likes it when I put it into his lunchbox. When I pulled out the original recipe to put it on zaar, I had to laugh to myself , I have made so many changes that it really is a different recipe. So this is my version.
- 2 medium zucchini, diced
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup relish
- 1 -2 cup canned chick-peas
- 3⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- In a large bowl, toss together the first, six ingredients.
- In a jar with a tight fitting lid combine the rest of the ingredients; shake well.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour ; a day is better.
- Serve with a slotted spoon.
- cooking time is counted as fridge time.
Was such a great salad!! But I only used half of the dressing to keep it lower in fat. Was still amazing!!