Recipe by MarraMamba
A friend of mine just told me about this recipe, she makes it all the time. I am a guacaholic and its a great way to use green and yellow zucchini. Use your favorite guacamole recipe. You can add some favorite spices to the cooking, or Italian dressing to the wrap if you want. Its adaptable :) Serve with Sweet Potato Fries as a main dish, or just have as a sandwich. Cooking time does not include making your own guacamole, which i usually do, or buy premade.
Top Review by Lucky in Bayview
Mmmm....this is a really tasty wrap. I wasn't expecting to like near as much as we did. I didn't have spinach, so I substituted a little shredded lettuce and alfalfa sprouts. I made my own guac. and used a little bit more lemon to that than I normally would to give it a little more zing. I cooked the veggies to tender crisp So, so good and satisfying. Thanks for shraring the keeper.
- 2 zucchini, green and yellow julienned
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, julienned
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup Baby Spinach
- 1⁄2 cup guacamole
- salt and pepper
- flour tortilla
- cherry tomatoes (optional)
- Italian dressing (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat olive oil in a pan.
- Add sliced zucchini, bell pepper and onion.
- Sauté approximately 10 minutes until done to your taste. Add salt and pepper.
- Spread 2 tbs guacamole on flour tortilla, or more if you are like me :).
- Add cooked veggies to the tortilla, spinach and sliced cherry tomatoes if using.
- Wrap and serve either hot or cold.