Recipe by cinderbear57
This recipe is from my friend Marie :o> and its way to yummy not to share! it's more "wet" then normal smoked salmon, so that makes it great on crackers, salads and just well, anything!!
- 1360.77 g salmon
- 473.18 ml brown sugar
- 78.07 ml non-iodized salt (important, iodized leaves a funny after taste)
- montreal poultry seasoning
- garlic powder
Directions See How It's Made
- It is prefable to use apple or cherry wood in the smoker (we used apple).
- Recipe does about 3 lbs of fish (do about 6 lbs at a time) About 3 hours in the electric smoker (longer if you prefer).
- Rinse the filet salmon off and pat dry (we buy these slabs at Costco).
- Mix the Brown sugar and salt together and coat both sides of the filet.
- Cut into sizes you want and put in a zip lock bag and put in the fridge.
- flip over from time to time.
- We let ours set over night.
- Takes out of bag and rinse the carmelized stuff off, lay on the grills and sprinkle both sides with the Montreal Chicken Seasoning and the garlic powder.
- Keep the smoke going in the smoker and cook about 3 hrs.
- Check at the end and cook longer if desired or needed.
- Sometimes the thick pieces need to stay on a little longer.
- Let cool and store in zip locks or seal a meal type bags if you have it (it keeps longer that way).
- Alternate stuff to do, that we havent tried yet: Pour some Orange Juice in the bag just before putting in Fridge to marinate.
- Use Apple Juice Concentrate with smoking water in smoker.
- I think thats all ya need to know to make a yummy yummy smoked salmon.
- Have fun.