3 hrs 30 mins
This recipe is from my friend Marie :o> and its way to yummy not to share! it's more "wet" then normal smoked salmon, so that makes it great on crackers, salads and just well, anything!!
My Private Note
lbs of ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1It is prefable to use apple or cherry wood in the smoker (we used apple).
- 2Recipe does about 3 lbs of fish (do about 6 lbs at a time) About 3 hours in the electric smoker (longer if you prefer).
- 3Rinse the filet salmon off and pat dry (we buy these slabs at Costco).
- 4Mix the Brown sugar and salt together and coat both sides of the filet.
- 5Cut into sizes you want and put in a zip lock bag and put in the fridge.
- 6flip over from time to time.
- 7We let ours set over night.
- 8Takes out of bag and rinse the carmelized stuff off, lay on the grills and sprinkle both sides with the Montreal Chicken Seasoning and the garlic powder.
- 9Keep the smoke going in the smoker and cook about 3 hrs.
- 10Check at the end and cook longer if desired or needed.
- 11Sometimes the thick pieces need to stay on a little longer.
- 12Let cool and store in zip locks or seal a meal type bags if you have it (it keeps longer that way).
- 13Alternate stuff to do, that we havent tried yet: Pour some Orange Juice in the bag just before putting in Fridge to marinate.
- 14Use Apple Juice Concentrate with smoking water in smoker.
- 15I think thats all ya need to know to make a yummy yummy smoked salmon.
- 16Have fun.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for yummy yummy smoked salmon
Serving Size: 1 (316 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 809.0
- Calories from Fat 105
- Total Fat 11.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 176.7 mg
- Sodium 9692.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 107.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 105.8 g
- Protein 67.7 g