Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
A delicious dessert of fresh fruit +
- 1⁄2 kg strawberry
- 1⁄4 kg dates
- 1 honeydew melon
- 100 g bittersweet chocolate
- 100 g pistachios
- 150 ml Greek yogurt
- 1 cup sweet red wine
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- slice strawberries,dates and cube melon.
- Put all fruit in large bowl and pour wine over,turning fruit once to make sure it is absorbed.Marinate for 1-2 hours.
- Drain fruit and put into serving dish.
- Fold in the yoghurt(mixed with sugar).
- Drizzle melted chocolate over top and sprinkle with pistachios.
- Chill well and serve.
I printed this in metric so I really didn`t go by amounts. Come to see I was very generous with the yogurt and chocolate and I`m glad I was. The melted chocolate did get hard as it hit the chilled fruit. I added fresh cut figs. Chilled overnight. Be sure to enjoyed the drained juices. Yes, this is Yummy,yummy!
This was yummy. Thank you so much for sharing I will be making this again, it was very easy and quick and best of all it tasted great. I used Harvey's Bristol Cream Sherry. I must confess that I didn't melt the chocolate, I just shredded it and tossed it on top of the yogurt along with the pistachios.
This just didn't go over too well with us. Maybe if I hadn't used the dates, it would have been better. Flavoring the yogurt would be a good idea.