Recipe by ciao
This is really good, and really easy. The yogurt mixture really sticks to the chicken and makes it tasty and tender. Keep in mind it has to marinate for at least 8 hours.
Top Review by Chrissyo
Just fantastic!!!!! I used homemade yoghurt using Dee514's recipe #32460. I marinated the chicken for the 8 hours. This is not an overpowering marinade, in fact the yoghurt enhances the flavour of the other ingredients used in the marinade and tenderised the chicken to perfection. I think the ingredients in the marinade are a marriage in culinary heaven. I used fresh ginger root instead of the ground ginger. I cooked this on the Barbie. The chicken browned up beautifully. Just a wonderful flavour, and melt in the mouth. I made triple the quantity hoping that I was have left overs but my friends cleaned the lot up. Everyone asked for the recipe. I think that this recipe will go down well with chicken pieces too. A good one Leeannr. :-)
- 1⁄2 cup plain fat-free yogurt or 1⁄2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger or 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 -6 boneless chicken breasts
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first nine ingredients,and pour into a large ziploc bag.
- Add the chicken to the bag, seal, and turn bag to coat chicken with mixture.
- Refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
- I think overnight is best.
- You can grill over indirect medium heat until done.
- But I used my Showtime Rotisserie.
- If you have one, (and if you don't, they're very cool), use the flat basket and cook for about 25 minutes.