Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Delicious, dense berry muffins with an awesome glaze that my family loves! You can use any type of berries and matching flavour yogurt that you like. Peaches and peach yogurt is great too.
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 tablespoons baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup strawberry yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, crushed with juice
- 1⁄3 cup icing sugar
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Grease 18 large muffin tins.
- In a large bowl, mix flour, sugar, cinnamon, salt and baking powder.
- In another bowl, whisk eggs, and add the rest of the ingredients.
- Pour wet ingredients over dry and mix until moistened.
- Bake for about 25 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Remove from muffin tin and let cool.
- Stir orange juice into 1/3 cup of icing sugar and pour over muffins.
Easy to make and yes they are yummy! We used fresh picked black berries from our field and ate them warm out of the oven. I loved that I had all the ingredients on hand too! The kids really enjoyed helping make them and eating them! We didn't make the glaze, but they we very good without.
Delicious! Very tasty, moist with a very distinct strawberry flavour!! The orange glaze adds a nice touch, too. I used vanilla yogurt as that is what I had on hand.
These were very yummy! I did blueberry instead of strawberry since I have frozen blueberries in the freezer. I didn't crush them - just added them in. Worked great! I also found the glaze on the runny side. As another posted stated - less juice would work. Overall - the kids scarfed them up! Made for the February 2010 Aussie/NZ recipe swap.