1/1 Photo of Yummy Yeast Rolls
Soeur Souris's Note:
I found this recipe on Taste of Home -- I was looking for something special for a potluck. The addition of lemon-lime soda caught my eye. These soft, slightly sweet dinner rolls turned out absolutely delicious -- no leftovers! (Preparation time does not include rising.)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large mixing bowl, dissolve yeast in warm milk.
- 2In a saucepan, heat soda and butter to 110°-115°.
- 3Add the warm soda mixture, eggs, sugar, salt and 2 cups flour to yeast mixture; beat until smooth.
- 4Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- 5Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes.
- 6Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top.
- 7Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- 8Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide into four portions.
- 9Divide each portion into nine pieces.
- 10Shape each piece into a ball.
- 11Place on greased (or parchment paper-covered)baking sheets.
- 12Cover and let rise until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- 13Bake at 350° for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- 14Remove to wire racks to cool.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Yummy Yeast Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (45 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 36
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 130.4
- Calories from Fat 32
- Total Fat 3.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 28.1 mg
- Sodium 99.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 3.6 g