Prep 1 min
Cook 9 mins
This is a very quick and tasty recipe for salmon that I found in the newspaper's food section.
Make and share this Yummy Yamma Salmon recipe from Food.com.
- Pat fillets dry and season with pepper.
- Heat oil in non stick skillet.
- Place fillets in skillet and cook for 4 minutes on each side.
- (A little less if fillets are thin).
- Remove salmon from skillet and drain any oil from skillet and wipe with paper towel.
- Whisk together mustard, syrup and water.
- Pour into skillet and place on medium heat.
- Add the salmon fillets and gently move them around to coat with glaze about 30 seconds on each side.
- Serve at once.
This was easy to make, but I didn't care for the dijon mustard/ maple syrup flavor.
My husband liked it, but I thought there was too much mustard flavor.
I usually grill salmon outside, but I didn't have time, so I thought I'd try a stovetop recipe. I loved the sauce; so did my son who can't stand mustard. The salmon was okay. It was tough on the outside, but flaky and tender inside. The recipe needs a little work, I think. At what temperature was I supposed to panfry the salmon at? I had no idea.