Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
my brain child! lol
- 2 cups brown rice
- 1⁄2 cup boiled peas
- 1⁄2 cup cooked mung beans
- 1 cup grated yam
- 10 cherries
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons green chili paste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger paste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic paste
- 2 teaspoons coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala (powder of cinnamon, black pepper,cloves, bayleaf ground together)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin seed
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- Cook the rice until ¾ done.
- Take a thick bottomed pan.
- Heat oil in it, when hot put the mustard and cumin seeds to crackle.
- Add turmeric, coriander and garam masala powder.
- Add the other pastes ans fry for a minute or two.
- Add the grated yam to this and cook until the yam is tender.
- Add the moong, peas and rice and mix well.
- Close with a concave lid, and pour water on the lid.
- Simmer for 10 to 12 minutes or until all done.
- Garnish with tomato rose and cherries.
- Serve hot with tomato raita.