Prep 1 min
Cook 2 mins
This naturally sweet, beautiful golden-orange frosting is used to top cookies, cupcakes, quick breads, graham crackers, or gingerbread people. This recipe makes enough to frost 2 dozen cookies or a one-layer cake.
- 1 cup mashed baked yam
- 2 ounces softened cream cheese (1/4 cup)
- 2 teaspoons melted unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup or 2 tablespoons brown rice syrup
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice or 1 teaspoon orange juice
- Place yams, cream cheese, butter, syrup, and juice in a bowl and cream together.
- Puree this mixture in a blender, food processor or with a hand mixer to a smooth, spreadable consistency.