Recipe by MarraMamba
The large amt of squash cooks down, and you can use your favorite winter squashes. From cooking light
Top Review by Kittencal@recipezazz
Marra this is delicious, I was going to omit the brandy but then decided to add it and glad I did! I increased the cinnamon and brown sugar slightly and used dried cranberries, so good, thanks for sharing hon!..Kitten:)
- 10 cups acorn squash (cubed and peeled. or butternut)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar (or splenda brown sugar blend)
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup dried currants or 1⁄4 cup dried cranberries
- cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons chilled butter, cut into small pieces
- 3 tablespoons chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Arrange squash in a single layer on a baking sheet. drizzle with oil stirring to coat. Bake for 1 hour 20 minutes until tender and beginning to brown, stirring every 20 minutes.
- Transfer squash to a bowl. add juice, sugar, brandy, 1 tbs butter, cinnamon and salt. Mash with a potato masher until combined and fairly smooth. Stir in currants. Spray an 8 inch square casserole dish with cooking spray. Scrape squash mixture into it.
- Combine flours in a small bowl, and cut in chilled butter until it resembles coarse meal. Stirl in pecans. Sprinkle over sqash mixture, bake at 400 for 30 minutes.